Thursday, January 31, 2008

Go&Explore: New border rules take effect

Quick reminder: If you're traveling to Canada or any other by-land or by-sea ports of entry to the United States, alone or with the kids, starting today, you'll need to carry more paperwork to get over the border. Here's the lowdown:
--Ages 19 and up: Carry a birth certificate and photo ID, like a state-issued driver's license.

--Ages 18 and under: Carry a birth certificate.

For a complete list of acceptable travel papers, visit

And plan ahead -- passports will be required for these border crossings starting in June 2009. For more information, visit the Department of Homeland Security or

No comments: